Keep Chicago Livable
Who We Are / Mission:
Keep Chicago Livable is grassroots not-for-profit organization of like-minded Chicagoans who want to protect home sharing and defend the rights of hosts who participate.
Keep Chicago Livable was created to protect Chicagoans using the home sharing phenomenon made possible by internet platforms such as Airbnb or other home sharing platform.
Keep Chicago Livable speaks for, represents, provide best practices education, offers to support and
Internship Job Responsibilities:
- Social Media Marketing
- Donation Campaign Strategy
- Public Relations News Media Pitching
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and online memes? We are looking for an intern to undertake several roles in marketing, advertising, assist with public relation efforts, cold-call for support and donations plus other areas such as social posts creation, promote video campaigns, and cold-call fundraising to transform how the city regulates home sharing.
Keep Chicago Livable has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented individuals who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our board, while working on projects that will help us grow our network and find hosts to impact.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a social media plan, marketing calendar, follow Google Alert updates.
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media accounts.
- Track and report results of social media campaigns to our team.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Help create story board, record and edit video campaigns projects.
- Network with key aligned people, hosts, and community organizations to build support and host meetings to educate public of current events.
- Assist our board members and attorney with paper work for city, note keeping during client meetings, and fill out forms for participating hosts.
- Call hosts and recruit Chicagoans to donate to KCL for charitable purposes.
- Additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
- Background in marketing, communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office and internet.
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired.
- Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals.
You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of social media, knowledge growth in real estate law, and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting.
You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit and marketing field.
The position begins January 2017 – May 2017.
You are expected to work 5-10 hours a week. Subject to change.
To apply please submit your application to [email protected].
Phone Interview – Face to Face Interview – Final Decision Call Back (Final 2 Candidates)